Thursday, February 28, 2008

Collection

I'm not opposed to leggings, at least not as much as I was. I still don't think I'll ever own a pair. But... at what point did they become acceptable office and church attire? They seem the epitome of casual -- which I don't think you're supposed to wear to the office or to church.

Yea! I'm an aunt again. Welcome to the world, little niece. I can't wait to find out what you're named.

Why am I always so tired in the mornings? If I ever get married, I'm going to have to learn to get up with less snooze button hits.

I know that sometimes it's hard to follow Church practices when they don't make a lot of sense -- I mean, does it really make a difference if you drink coffee or tea every once in a while? Does it really matter if you swear sometimes? Does it really matter if... you name it. I imagine when Abraham was commanded to sacrifice Isaac, he couldn't really make that logical in his head either. But he did it. Maybe some things make sense only after doing it and the perspective of time.

Note to self: Don't ever cut your hair short and leave a big eighties poof in the front that's dyed pink with a big white chunk right in the center. (I wish I'd taken a picture.) Especially when you're in your forties.

I never thought that I would be one of those people that starts drinking a Diet Coke at 9:00 in the morning. But, apparently, the daily early morning meeting has made me one of those people -- if it's there, I take it.

Life is happiest when you find joy in the simple things: babies cooing, sunshine, printers printing...

I'm not sure that I have a lot to blog about anymore. (Not that I really did.) I feel like my creative juices are all sapped out. Where did the phrase "sapped out" come from? Making syrup? If so, what's happening to my creative juices? Are they becoming syrup somewhere? How do you get a hold of that syrup and what do you do with it? Is that thought process something I should really admit to? Oh, well. I'll post it. I should post SOMETHING.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find you enjoyable.

Holly Harris Murray said...

I'm so with you on the leggings...what the? Society gone wrong!

Kate said...

E i love you and your blog. wish we could hang out!