Thursday, April 10, 2008

25 X 25

A few friends are reaching significant birthdays, so they've been making lists of the things they have done and lists of things they'd like to do. Maybe a "Bucket List"-type concept. Although my upcoming birthday is not significant, in my head 25 has always been kind of a significant age, so I thought I'd steal the idea and make a list of my own -- a few of the things I've done in my 25 years:

  1. Walked the Great Wall
  2. Had ridiculously long hair and ridiculously short hair
  3. Been published in a book
  4. Purchased my first house (well, townhouse)
  5. Been flooded, blown, or pestered out of almost every Lake Powell camping spot
  6. Learned how to play the recorder
  7. Been the "executive producer" on a few short "films"
  8. Had vampire-shark-bat teeth
  9. Slept on a park bench -- like a homeless person -- in a foreign country
  10. Made up my own cookie recipe
  11. Gone skydiving
  12. Been a musical street performer
  13. Ridden a camel
  14. Handed out around 50 lbs of stickers to African children
  15. Been among the first handful of people to wear a pair of gold Mickey Mouse ears around Disneyland
  16. Eaten turtle, rabbit, ostrich, buffalo, two-thousand year old eggs, chicken feet, and some sort of beetle
  17. Been asked to be in pictures with the leader of a Tibetan monastery and an Iraqi
  18. Made draperies
  19. Celebrated Epiphany in front of the Duomo in Florence
  20. Learned to build a lamp
  21. Kept the same mechanical pencil since 5th grade
  22. Had a middle-eastern man email my boss with expressions of admiration and love for me, based on my employee picture on the work website
  23. Voice-acted
  24. Created a 6-foot paper snowflake
  25. Managed to break my own finger with a blow-dryer

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I don't think I could have come up with half as many awesome things. I enjoy you. let's have dinner again soon.

Tammy said...

Hey, I think I have used the pencil mentioned in number 21... score!

e said...

Tammy, I believe you were also a participant in number 12 -- when we decided to bring our violins out to my neighborhood fair/street party. I believe someone requested "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. And we groaned and made up a duet of it on the spot.

Anne said...

25 has to be the best though. I doubt anyone else in the world can claim that, the rest just seem plain compared to that. hah :) love you dear

Holly Harris Murray said...

How on earth did you manage to break your finger with a hair dryer and why have I never heard this story? =)

Sarah said...

I like your list. it is so well rounded as are you!

Rachel said...

You managed to break your own finger with a blow-dryer! Wow.