Sunday, July 6, 2008

Theological thoughts.

I teach the six-, seven-, and eight-year-old children at my church.

Lesson: Gratitude

E: Adam, you love soccer. A lot. It's pretty cool that your body can play so well. How can you show Heavenly Father that you're thankful for your body?

A: Well... I could get a plate of cookies and put it on the counter. Then I could leave a note: "Dear Santa, Please give these to God."

E (laughs): That's one way, I guess.

A: Except I don't know if God likes milk. So, if God doesn't like milk, I'll leave a glass of 7-Up.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Hee. Like you said yesterday, who DOESN'T like 7-Up?!

erin said...

priceless.

w and w said...

Love it. I've got to hand it to em. Kids are brilliant.
It's been some time, call me and we'll do lunch!
Or birthday ICE CREAM.... hello!

Holly Harris Murray said...

That's Adorable. Thanks for reminding me why I can't get away from working with kids!

Sarah said...

That is too cute!!!

Noel said...

that is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried cherry 7-up? I always thought it was so gross even though I'd never tried it; then when I did try it, I found it quite excellent.