Wednesday, May 16, 2007

4%. That's a pretty low rate.


A representation of all the places I've been. I've got to improve that. 4% is just not going to cut it for me. Places high on my list:

  • Australia
  • Argentina
  • The Caribbean
  • India
  • Israel
  • Netherlands

Of course, there are a million more, including Germany, Switzerland, Egypt, Kenya, Japan, Russia, Mexico. Pretty much anywhere. I heard a rumor that with 150,000 SkyMiles, you can fly around the world, as many flights as you want, as long as they all go the same direction each time. Always east or always west. Here's to gaining 150,000 miles. :)

When I was in Africa last year, I met all sorts of interesting people who were just travelling the world, for months on end. Quit their jobs, packed up their life, and went on the road. In some ways, I was a little envious. I loved talking to them about their lives and imagining doing something like that. I wonder when time runs out to do something like that? Can you still do that when you're 30? 40? For now, I'll just have to settle for a trip to St. George, for work, at the end of the month.

No comments: