Tuesday, May 15, 2007

E-mo

It seems that people can never be content with just "E." There have been many iterations of my nickname, including Elizzy, E-ster, and Ebert. The latest? E-mo. It is gradually taking over my office. My friend Craig thinks its "cute" and "endearing" and has started to promulgate it to everyone.

It actually started as "Mo" -- short for "Moses" because of my ability to part the elevator doors. It was my fault that stuck, because I said it wouldn't. As soon as I said that, "Mo" became commonplace. Then, one day, Craig said, "See you later, E. Mo! Hey! E-mo!" And a new nickname was born. I guess the origination could be MUCH worse. And I like that people give me nicknames.

So, if you've been looking for one, here you have it. But, don't think that I'm going to start cutting my wrists, wearing tight jeans, listening to miserable punk music, or covering my face with dark hair; I'm not that kind of emo.

No comments: