Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I ALMOST DIED!

I almost died at work today. A 2 foot x 4 foot slab of 1/2 inch thick plywood smashed to the ground. RIGHT. NEXT. TO. ME.

At first, I was like Chicken Little and ran around yelling, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" And then I looked up to see the hole in the sky.

That's when I realized it was a slab of plywood. A slab of plywood that was right above my head.

Fortunately, for some unknown reason, it fell to the left as it was falling. Because, no joke, I was standing right under it. Basically, I'm lucky to be alive. Whether or not you're lucky that I'm alive is a whole 'nother matter.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Ahhhhh! Eese! That is crazy! As long as you do not ever attempt to assassinate me, I am very happy you are alive.

Kate said...

I for one know my life would certainly not be as good if you weren't around. Thank you for not dying. So, while you are still alive we really need to get together. Did someone just say Beauty and the Beast? Let me know what works for you!

e said...

Rache- Dang. There go my Friday night plans.

Katie- My life is certainly better with you in it! Let's talk to Marie. We'll figure out a time.

w and w said...

Wow, glad you survived! Don't scare us like that again. Instead come with Holly next week and come SEE US here in NC!

e said...

Wend-

I feel bad about my sarcastic worry about dying when you really had such a terrifying experience!! You're too sweet.