Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Caffeine? Near Temple Square?

The remodel of downtown has left me with dwindling choices for lunch. To eat within about a block proximity from work, I can go to Martine on 100 South, and that's basically it. Now, I like Martine, but I don't want to eat there every day. There are a few other choices, but in general, the food is lacking.


And so today, I heard about a new choice, provided by the Church in my hour of need, called "Nauvoo Cafe." It's located on the main level of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building on the west side. It was not bad. But, the MOST interesting part is that they serve Coke with caffeine! That's a first for the restaurants that are part of the "Temple Square Hospitality Corporation." What's next? A singing, dancing mouse with his own amusement park? (Yes. I did steal that line from a Muppet movie.)

No comments: