Monday, January 14, 2008

"Let me guess...

You streaked it?" says my boss when I walk into work today. He says that he never notices when people do things to their hair, but he's usually pretty astute when I do something different. In less than two years, I've gone from:

To this:


To this (although you can't see much more than the color here):

And this is what my hair looks like today:

I guess I get bored easily. My boss is usually more accurate than he was today. Curling is quite a bit different than coloring, although I suppose it may bring out the blond highlights a little more.

The other day a woman at work said to me, "You always have such a different look, I have to double-check your name tag to make sure it's you."

Most days, I feel like I look basically the same. My hair is down and straight, and more often than not, I wear my glasses. (Maybe 60/40; my contacts are old and get dry. Although, in 3 of these 4 pictures, I'm not wearing glasses...)

I guess I'm just used to looking at myself, cause that's not the first time I've heard that, but I didn't think it was so drastic from day-to-day. I'm trying to decide if that's a good thing, because I can get away with things, or if it's really hurting my career and I need to be more consistent.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well aren't you just a lil cutie. I knew the first E, but I must say... I dig the curly E. :)

e said...

It's amazing the reaction a curling iron will get you.

Holly Harris Murray said...

your hair always looks dazzling and I'm always jealous of it really.

John & Katie said...

Hello E! I love the changes! I think that you do a great job with your hair.

Katie (Anderton) Brooks

e said...

Katie Jane! How are you? Do you have a blog or something? It's great to hear from you!