Thursday, January 24, 2008

The sky is sparkling.

At about 5:30 this morning, I was standing out in the 9 degree temperature, admiring the weather.

I watched the dancing and tumbling of the falling snow -- so light that you almost wouldn't notice without the parking lot light, which made the miniature snow crystals sparkle against the dark all around. It was like diamond dust sprinkled from the sky -- frozen humidity. And I thought to myself: "I love the world in the quiet of the morning before all the commotion rises with the sun." That thought was followed immediately by, "It's freezing. I'm getting back in my car."

2 comments:

Holly Harris Murray said...

The question is..."WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU DOING UP IN THAT UNGODLY HOUR??""

but I love your description

e said...

I was at Kinko's.