Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sober

I'm not an expert on addiction, but it seems to me like the first days are crucial to success. My name is E, and I've been off:

Common sense -- 24 hours

Diet Coke -- 72 hours

Item 3 -- nearing one week

Sleep -- Two weeks
(This is not entirely accurate, since I have slept some during the last two weeks, but it FEELS like I've given it up, so I'm counting it. After some consideration, I think this may be, in all actuality, a healthy addiction and I should re-institute it. Perhaps this has a causal relationship with Item 1.)

Swearing -- 4 months
(Disclaimer: My first unconscious use of a swear word happened over Labor Day 2007, in front of my family. During the month of September, this personally unattractive behavior continued a few times around some [supportive] co-workers... I can't explain, except I guess people wear off on you. I have been swear-free since October 2007.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would find it highly amusing to hear lil peaches use a swear... :)

e said...

Most people do. Seriously.

Kate said...

Miss Vincent, you are hilarious. And we miss you.

ps The Dudley family is visiting and can't say enough good about you.